Tuesday, May 7, 2013

BUFFET TABLE (BEFORE/AFTER)

My mom found this buffet/console table on the side of the road. She asked someone to help her load it into her suv. I tried to strip it. Wasn't successful. It didn't really matter because when you use Annie Sloan paint you don't have to prep. It needed some serious washing and cleaning though. I applied the Country Grey and tried to stain the top but it didn't work well so I mixed clear glaze and a dark brown paint and painted the top with it. I then watered down the glaze and brushed it all over the piece. I took the knobs off...sprayed them with dark brown...flipped them upside down and put them back on. I think it turned out pretty amazing! It was a mess when I got it.

                                     









No comments:

Post a Comment